We are looking for a self-motivated, individual to join our Caterham based office – undertaking Sustainability Assessments as a BRE licensed Assessor.
You would manage and deliver projects from Pre-assessment to final certification using the latest BREEAM assessment procedures. Ideally, we require the following qualifications/licences, but still do apply if you have less than the preferred list:
- BREEAM 2018 New Construction Commercial – Includes Office, Retail and Industrial
- BREEAM 2018 New Construction Multi-Residential – Includes Residential care Homes, Student Accommodation
- BREEAM 2018 New Construction Other Buildings – Includes hotels, hostels (short stay residential), Cinema’s
- BREEAM 2014 Non-Domestic Refurbishment and Fit-out – Includes Office refurbishments, office fit-out, Retail and Industrial, other buildings, etc.
- BREEAM 2014 Domestic Refurbishment – Refurbishment and conversion of existing residential dwellings (i.e. change of use – Office to Residential) or splitting in apartments
- BREEAM AP (Accredited Professional) – During design and construction
- Overall responsibility for delivering BREEAM Assessments from pre-assessment to final certification
- Supporting the design and construction teams in completing and collating the BREEAM evidence required for certification by the BRE
- Working as part of multidisciplinary team, organising and chairing meetings with the wider design team.
- Attending both internal and external presentations, presenting where appropriate
- Produce reports to design team and BRE
- Engage effectively with the BRE quality assurance procedures
- Assist the directors with bid preparations
- Assist the engineers with integrating the BREEAM requirements into design
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and to the appropriate level of detail
- Keeping others informed of progress on projects and any concerns
- Undertake Life Cycle Analysis (Embodied Carbon Reports) & Life Cycle Costing using the OneClick software.
- Liaise with the design team to facilitate the process of BREEAM measures. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings.
- Chair BREEAM review meetings within the design team, providing advice how commercially to best achieve the BREEAM targets.
- Assist with the time and resource management of the Sustainability team workload.
- Have a good understanding of time required to complete tasks relative to fee.
- Thorough knowledge of the BREEAM systems, including use of TrackerPlus, BRE fee structures and maintaining knowledge of any new BREEAM developments.
- Experience of taking BREEAM assessments through to certification.
- Self motivated and flexible when working with Clients and Team Members.
- Good communication skills to create a positive working experience during design reviews and throughout the BREEAM process.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience – technically competent.
- BREEAM Assessor Qualifications (as shown within the role scope)
We provide sustainable engineering solutions of the highest quality and standard, which includes BREEAM certifications. The practice has become one of the UK’s leading Building Services Consulting Engineering companies in providing sustainable, multi-disciplined design services. Responding to climate change and ever increasing legislation and sustainable design agendas to de-carbonate used and new buildings, through innovative mechanical and electrical design. The practice has grown through a combination of repeat business and client recommendations.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our job listing on LinkedIn or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!