FLATT prepare designs for building services and renewable energy systems that ensure the optimum balance between meeting carbon reduction targets and capital costs.
Legislation and planning may require the use of renewables. As Low Carbon Consultants, we avoid ‘greenwash’, taking a practical and informed approach to their provision.
Our design proposals create buildings that minimise their environmental impact, reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions and hence the extent of renewable technologies required.
We’ll advise you on the most appropriate low carbon or renewable technology, the benefits and how they integrate into the building to provide an optimum cost effective solution.
Our services include:
- Energy statements – meeting London Plan or Local Authority targets
- Renewable energy evaluations for planning applications
- BREEAM – carbon emission calculations for new and existing buildings
- Renewable energy systems design and specification
- Technology cost reports, payback analysis and feasibility studies
- Manufacturer option reviews
Low Carbon – Renewable Energy Systems
FLATT has in-depth experience of renewable technologies, design and application that includes:
- Free Cooling / Heating thermal store / exchange
- Stand alone or roof mounted wind turbines
- Photo voltaic (PV) solar energy systems
- Solar thermal hot water and solar collectors
- Biomass heating and fuel storage systems
- Combined heat and power (CHP or CCHP)
- Ground and air source heating and cooling
- Thermal Mass with Earth Pipes
- Phase Change Materials (PCM’s)
- Emerging technologies i.e. Fuel cells, Energy Storage Systems
We have employed Flatt on several of projects since 2012 and their service has been exceptional. Their thorough, analytical and creative approach to our projects is highly valued, as is their diligent approach during the construction process and post completion. We hold Flatt in high regard and look forward to continuing our relationship in the future.Derwent London
Flatt has worked as Consultant Engineers with us over several years on a number of different projects and have always proved supportive, proactive and engaging... we would not hesitate to consider them again in the future.Workspace Group
We have engaged the services of Flatt throughout a number of our regions and irrespective of the size of project have found them to be totally professional in their approach and delivery of those services and would have no hesitation in recommending them.Berkeley Homes
Flatt are one of our lead M&E consultants and we value their professional and pragmatic approach to project management and refurbishment work, particularly with the increasing demands and needs of the sustainability agenda.Threadneedle Property Investments
We have worked closely with Flatt Consulting on a large complex residential project and found them to be proactive, thorough and detailed in their approach. They have always been helpful leading to a very positive team approach. I do not hesitate in recommending Flatt Consulting to our clients.WCEC Architects
Flatt Consulting are an important part of our office development team because of their proactive, cohesive and cost sensitive approach to systems design and problem solvingWestminster Real Estate