Design, manage and supervise projects designated by your Group Leader. Assume role of design team leader as required, co-ordinating with other engineering disciplines. Carry out detailed design in accordance with industry guides. Prepare specifications, reports and design drawings, budget costs to programme. Supervise project works on site, workmanship and testing.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects with your Group Leader.
- Agree level of service and project design duties with your Group Leader for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist Group Leader with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirements for each project within your control.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant and to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Monitor contract staff or third party appointments
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
- When acting as design team leader, co-ordinate with other project disciplines.
- Assist Group Leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety Policy. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Assist with maintaining Technical Standards
Experience & Qualifications
- Membership of a professional engineering body (preferably Associate Member).
- Minimum 10 years experience – technically competent.
- Good communication/presentation skills.
- Understand client requirements/objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of statutory legislation and standards.
- Develop management skills.