Design and supervise projects designated by your Group Leader. Carry out detailed design and calculations in accordance with industry guides. Assist and prepare specifications, reports and drawings to the design programme. Oversee project site works snagging and testing.
- Design and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. reports, specifications and drawings scope for all projects with your Group Leader.
- Agree design duties with your Group Leader.
- Assist Group Leader with CAD resource requirements.
- Carry out detailed design, production of tender documents, site snagging and witness testing.
- Liaise with the design team to co-ordinate detailed designs and agree manufacturers and samples.
- Maintain good client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Assist Group Leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety Policy. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- To be completed where appropriate, i.e. Control Library.
Experience & Qualifications
- Membership of a professional engineering body (Licentiate Engineer, training towards Associate Engineer).
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Improving communication/presentation skills.
- Knowledge of statutory legislation and standards.