Design, manage and supervise projects designated by the Directors. Assume role of design team leader as required, co-ordinating with other engineering disciplines. As Project Leader, assist the Directors with delivery of projects, with effective use of assisting engineers as necessary, maintaining technical quality and professionalism, completing all design activities to programme. Carry out detailed design in accordance with industry guidelines. Prepare specifications, reports, and design drawings, budget costs to programme. Supervise project works on site, workmanship and testing. Assist with coaching and staff training of engineers in the group.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects with the Project Leader.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your Project Leader, for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist Group Leader with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project within your control.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved via frequent design reviews with other discipline engineers.
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Monitor contract staff or third party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and contacts to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business. Manage client’s expectations and promote a team approach.
- Develop new business opportunities where appropriate and participate with company presentations.
- As Project Leader, manage staff working on your particular projects with effective control of assisting engineers.
- Assist Group Leader with identifying and implementing all training/CPD requirements of engineering staff within your same discipline/expertise.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety Policy. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
Maintain and advance the technical standards within the practice.
Experience & Qualifications
- Membership of a professional engineering body (preferably Associate Engineer, training towards a Chartered Engineer).
- Minimum 10 years experience – technically competent.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Understand client requirements/objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of statutory legislation and standards.
- Developing good subordinate management skills.