We are experts in the design of building services installations.
Our highly skilled and experienced building services engineers offer substantial expertise and innovation across all market sectors, including:
- Commercial offices
- Mixed-use and high end residential
- Student accommodation
- Retail, hotel, leisure and entertainment
- Industrial buildings including technology data centres and distribution centers
Flatt has extensive knowledge of the latest technologies and sustainable design techniques.
Along with our Surrey building services, we also offer a full range of pre-planning design services including undertaking ‘Energy statements’ Building Regulation compliance and preparing the concept design proposals.
Post-planning we can provide the building services detailed or performance design. During construction we can undertake reviews of the contractors proposals, carry out site monitoring services and post construction manage building optimisation and occupant evaluation studies.
The building services systems within our design services include:
- Utility Services – Gas, Water, Telecoms, Data, Electric
- Heating – district, communal and independent systems
- Mechanical and Natural Ventilation systems
- Air Conditioning and comfort cooling systems.
- Electrical installations – Power, Standby Generation, UPS, Transfomers
- Lighting – external, internal and emergency systems
- Safety – Fire Alarm, Security, Access Control, CCTV installations
- Public Health – Hot & Cold Water, Above and Below Ground Drainage, Rainwater Collection and Recycling
- Building Controls and Management systems including Energy Metering.
From the start of a project, our engineers provide a collaborative design experience working with the design team.
This approach ensures the spatial requirements and servicing options strategy are clearly identified and set out to encourage efficiency and cost effectiveness allowing the detailed design to develop with structure and consistency.
We use the most advanced Dynamic Thermal and Light modelling software to model each building. Our drawings being produced in the latest CAD, REVIT/BIM software. This enables us to achieve the most appropriate design solutions for each individual project.